So I have just got back from my boot sale! it was so good, I really enjoyed it! It was kind of like running our own little shop. You can make up the prices and basically charge what you want. It was quite cold this morning, but we was up, out and set up by half 6! It picked up a little later on and it turned out to be a really good day. We got rid of a ton of stuff and I definately think it is a quick and easy way to make money. We made a whopping £61! And then with our stall money deducted we are left with £52! Not bad being as we only had odds and ends! but here are a few tips for those of you that fancy doing a boot sale:
1. Make sure you tell people a couple of pounds more than you actually want for a item. That way, when people haggle they will be happy with a price and so will you! :)
2. Take a table (like a paste table or something) to display your items out for people. It will look a lot more professinal and people will look at your things more because they can actually see them!
3. Don’t expect to make a fortune! People are looking for bargains and generally bits and bobs will go for 50p – £1!
4. Don’t be suprised if people haggle for something that is 10p. You will be asked to take silly amounts like 5p off from the origianl price!
5. Make chitter chatter and smile to the buyers! You will sell heaps more and the day will be more fun!
6. Pick a sunny beautiful day (if you can!) :)
Click HERE to find out where your local boot sale is. They are super fun for both the buyers and sellers! So happy bargain hunting!
Peace and love xxx