When you read this, I will be away on holiday :) YIPPEE!! I love going on holiday for loads of reasons, but my main reason is the flying! As sad as it sounds and it is absolutely brilliant that you get off and you’re somewhere else in the world, but I love flying! I love the fact that your ears pop and you can’t stand the smell of the aeroplane food and you try not to use the funny little toilet – I just love everything about it lol.
So, what I thought I would do is share some of my holiday essentials with you :)
- Sun cream! I once made the terrible mistake of buying it when I got to my holiday and it cost me an absolute bomb! Always buy it before you go! I usually get a higher factor for my face and when I first get there and then I go down to a slightly lower number once I am used to the heat.
- Books! As you might know, I am trying to read 9 books by the end of the year. I love reading and this holiday I am taking ‘The Secret Life of Bees’ and ‘A bend in the road’.
- My iPod! I literally wouldn’t even make it to the aeroplane without my music. I just love laying in the sunshine with my headphones in and just forgetting everything. Unfortunately, my proper headphones broke, so I’m hoping to treat mysf to some proper ones while I’m away :)
- A pack of cards! I always end up playing a game of games of some sort while I’m away. Never think about it while I’m home, wouldn’t even enter my mind, but on holiday, you just have to play cards lol!
- Skincare! I am still loving the Clinique skincare and have taken it away with me. I don’t know if it’s just me, but my skin seems to change when I go away – I don’t get spots, I don’t really need to cover anything up, it’s just nice and tanned and glowing. This is clearly a sign that I need to live somewhere hot! Lol!
- A good pair of sunglasses! Regardless of what they look like, it’s really, really important that you buy yourself a ‘reading pair of sunglasses’. They just need to be really strong and not just look nice – protect your eyes!
Anyway, have a brilliant day, whatever you are doing, and try to do something that makes you smile. Text a friend, bake a cake, watch an entire series of that TV show on Netflix, whatever :)
Peace and love (and hopefully some sunshine), Polly May xx