So, August has been a pretty amazing month! It celebrated me leaving my old job and preparing for my new and I honestly think that this was the best thing for me. I hadn’t realised just how unhappy I was and how difficult I had made it for myself to see other people’s side of things. This month has helped me to see all of my friends and just generally get back to myself!
- I visited my friend (whose baby is due on the 5th September!!!) at her new house and had a mini baby shower! I can’t believe your bump is nearly going to be gone!
- I drove to Southend with Briony,
- I spent far too much money on new, stripy clothes,
- I walked over the most gorgeous fields and went for pub lunch with Helen,
- I booked Ella Eyre tickets! ARGH!
- I set myself a reading challenge,
- I read ‘Love, Tanya’,
- I sailed down the Thames with Lynn for Afternoon Tea,
- I met Clare and Kim for drinkypoos,
- I adopted an orca named Fife,
- I went for Sister drinks out,
- I flew to Lanzarote with Emma for a week of sunbathing,
- I went on a massive shopping spree while on holiday,
- I read ‘A bend in the Road’ by Nicholas Sparks,
- I baked my first ever Lemon Drizzle Cake,
- I went to see ‘A Man from U.N.C.L.E.’,
- I ate Zizzi’s with Niomi,
- I travelled to The Barbican to see Iris with Mumberly,
- I went to The National Portrait Gallery, The National Galleries and TATE Modern,
- I went to the V&A and The Natural History Museum.
- I wondered along Oxford Street.
- I had my final pay check from my old job! Yay!
- I went to the Zoo!
It’s been really quite a good month and I have loved seeing so many of my friends. It makes a girl feel very special when she has so many good friends! I have probably spent a ridiculous amount, however, I don’t care! Sometimes you have to just go and do things for the fun of it! I’ve had the most amazing summer holidays and I honestly don’t think I could have done anymore. Although I am starting my new job on the 3rd (Eeek!), I still have a few blogs to upload, so don’t panic!
Wish me luck for my new job! It’s all a bit overwhelming at the moment, but I’ll keep you posted!
Peace and love, Polly May xx