1. How and why did you start your blog?I started my blog on a bit of a last minute thing. My Sister is incredibly clever and enjoys writing and reading. She had started a blog about a year before me and she kept saying how good it was and that I should get one. I kept saying ‘no’ because I honestly didn’t know what I would put on it. At the time, her blog was very book based and she did lots of reviews for books and magazines and I didn’t know enough about blogging to know what to do. In the end, I decided to just do it as a sort of online-journal, which over time has turned into a sort of lifestyle blog, I suppose. Ha! I decided to start doing it for exactly that reason, to keep track of the things I was doing and the friends I was seeing – and just because it looked like fun!
2. what sort of things do you put on your blog?My blog varies quite a lot, or at least I think it does. I sometimes blog about my life and what’s going on at uni (which I’ve now left) or work, or sometimes I’ll tell you about a day out, an exhibition, a show… whatever really. Sometimes I just sit and write whatever is in my head and they can become quite serious posts, but I just figure that everyone has good and bad days and I’m not going to pretend to happy all of the time. So, to answer the question, whatever is going on in my life really.
3. where do you get your ideas for your posts?Erm, all over the place really. I don’t like to do serious posts all of the time, so I try to mix it up. I have just done my first proper haul blog and I really enjoyed that, so who knows, maybe I will do more of those. I get my ideas from things I’ve been to, people I’ve been out with or conversations about things that I later think, this has gotta be shared on my blog! Ha!
4. do you RECEIVE anything for posting your blog?I do know that a lot of people get ‘freebies’ from their blogs – make-up, hair products, clothes, nights out, days out etc. but I have never received anything like this. I just feel a bit weird that I have chosen to write it and I do think that it is for fun and not to get free stuff, but I suppose you never know… Oh, I should say, I don’t get paid by any companies or anything if I mention them, it’s my choice to say if I think something is good or not :)
5. what job do you have?When I am not blogging, I am teaching 9 year olds. Yep, I’m a Primary School Teacher.
6. when did you start blogging?I set up a very different looking blog back in March 2010 – Crazy to think that I have been doing it for so long now!
7. what layout do you use?My layout at the moment is Coraline – although I have used a couple of the others on the WordPress freebies bit :)
8. do you enjoy having a blog & have you ever thought about stopping?I do, really, really enjoy writing my blog and I think that I will carry on doing it. I did wonder how I would have time to keep it going once I was at work and didn’t have the time that I had while I was at Uni, but it has all worked out. While I was on a work placement, I went to weekly posts, which was quite fun, so I think that if it got a bit ‘much’, I would probably do that rather than stop altogether. I hope this has been a little bit interesting – if you have got any extra questions that I haven’t answered, please leave me a comment on this page and I will add them on with my response :) Peace and love, Polly May xx